Fascinating research for Christian indie authors.
Independent publishing (aka self-publishing) is here to stay. The number of books produced and sold by independent authors continues to grow. I think this is great news!
Data Guy over at Author Earnings shared some great new book sales statistics at the recent Digital Book World 2017. Here are a few of the interesting findings he shared in regards to independently published book sales for 2016 in the United States:
- The total number of books units sold (both traditional and nontraditional in print, ebook, and audiobook formats) was 1,337,138,000.
- The total number of independently published book units sold was 229,000,000 (counting ebook, audiobook, and print book sales).
- Self-published titles accounted for 17% of total book sales.
- About 30% of adult fiction and 10% of adult nonfiction book sales were independently published books.
- Readers are buying books online: 69% of all book sales were made online.
- About 72% of adult…
View original post 234 more words