Christian writers on Amazon: Be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. Here’s a little wisdom to help out.
Amazon is a massive giant and growing. Consider the following facts:
- Half of all U.S. households are subscribed to Amazon Prime.
- Half of all online shopping searches start directly on Amazon.
- Amazon captures nearly one in every two dollars that Americans spend online.
- Amazon sells more books and toys than any retailer online or off.
- Amazon sells 67% of all ebooks and 64% of online print book sales.
As an author, you cannot ignore Amazon.
Recently, the Institute for Local Self Reliance (ILSR) published the results of a study they conducted. The study “Amazon’s Stranglehold: How the Company’s Tightening Grip is Stifling Competition, Eroding Jobs, and Threatening Communities” provides in-depth details on how Amazon is monopolizing the economy, undermining job growth, and weakening communities. Consider a few more interesting factoids:
- Amazon increasingly controls the underlying infrastructure of the economy.
- Amazon’s Marketplace for third-party sellers has become the dominant…
View original post 465 more words